Monday, January 29, 2007

My Blue Woman

I'm working on a new piece - I have no idea where it is going- it's pretty illustrative (as you'll note on the detail shot) I've stylized a photograph of my friend Erin - one of my favourite models - I'm not sure I like the direction I'm going in - the image feels a little stiff. I've decided to keep going, it's way too early too judge - I am a little out of sorts- haven't painted in a... month?? No wonder. I spent 5 hours painting today - was late for a meeting this evening, and showed up with paint on my hands and shirt. There was something very satisfying about that. I feel most like myself when I'm painting. I love the dazed feeling from sitting at the easel so long... Even the frustrations that come with "giving birth" to a new work are welcome!

I'm nervous about my upcoming show, I want a few new pieces, that gives me a month. (While working another job 37.5 hour/week).... panic!!








No comments: