Sunday, November 14, 2010

Through the Lens

When my life as a sailor began, I discovered the joys of spontaneous photo-taking. What I mean is, I started shooting anything and everything. My introduction to living on the water opened me up to a whole new visual way of experiencing life, nature, and myself.


I am by no means a "photographer" in the proper sense of the word. But I am an artist. I view the world through my slightly skewed and unique perspective.

Taking photos allows me to play with composition, colour and even abstraction. Happy accidents often inform future paintings or drawing, in ways I hadn't anticipated.

Last night, after an evening with friends, between the rainfall, fog, and lights, I stood in the cockpit of my boat, camera in hand. I continued taking photos once back in the cabin.

This is a glimps of that magical moment.

No comments: